Please read about our new protocols:
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with these new protocols as we work together to ensure the highest level of health and safety for our patients, staff and community!
Our office is located at
7 Smith Avenue Suite 103
Greenville, RI 02828
NEW SCREENING PROTOCOLS [both calls & check-in]:
Every time a patient either calls in to make an appointment or checks in for an appointment we will be doing a COVID triage screening per DOH guidelines on
To limit the spread of COVID-19 and to keep the community and our patients healthy, Smithfield Pediatrics is taking the following precautionary measures effective immediately:
- Any patient with symptoms of illness such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, upper respiratory symptoms, or diarrhea must inform staff prior to appointment
- Notify staff immediately if you have traveled outside the United States or have been in potential contact with a person known to have or suspected to have COVID-19.
New Check in and Check out Process
Check in: Please stay in your car when you arrive and call 401-349-5651 to check in, leave patient name and cell phone number on message and we will call to register you and collect copay by phone if possible. The MA will then call you once we have a clean room prepared. You will be instructed to enter the office and will be directed right into a room. We ask that you bring only 1 parent and 1 child in with you if possible. Please do NOT bring siblings if they have not been screened and cleared to come into office.
Check out: Please stay in your room until the Medical Assistant comes back in and clears you to leave. The MA will be give you any needed paperwork and make any needed follow-up appointments. Please leave the office immediately once you are released. Do NOT stop at the desk.
*Telemedicine visits now available. Please call to see if appropriate.
Please click link to sign up:
*Please keep in mind that video visits are considered equivalent to in-office visits and will be billed as such, so copays may apply.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of illness. If you exhibit symptoms such as a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, self-quarantine DO NOT COME TO WORK and seek evaluation through RI DOH (HCW are high priority for testing).
- If you believe you may have been directly exposed to someone who has COVID-19, please report to one of the Physicians immediately. Self-quarantine may be required.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth).
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after every patient interaction, preferably in front of patients.
- Avoid unnecessary patient contact (touching, hand shaking).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with tissue. Discard tissue after one use…. disinfect hands
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects frequently, preferably in front of patients.
- Avoid meeting in large groups (greater than 10 people in a shared space) both in professional and recreational activities and use virtual meetings when possible.
- Periodically review the CDC websites to ensure adherence to community mitigation strategies designed to slow the transmission of COVID-19.
Now Accepting Tufts RI Together
Find out more about Tufts RI Together here…
Introducing Jennifer Barton, PA-C
Smithfield Pediatrics is pleased to welcome Jennifer M. Barton, PA-C, now accepting new patients. Please call 401-231-3138 for new patient appointments.
New Credit Card Policy
Effective April 1st, 2017, if you have a high deductible insurance plan, Smithfield Pediatrics will need to have a credit card on file for your family in an effort to improve the payment process.
Neighborhood Health Plan of RI
As of October 15th, 2016 we are no longer accepting Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island.
Flu & Other Health-Related News
For Up-to-Date information about health-related issues, link to the RI Department of Health
Please visit the Department of Health website at http://www.health.ri.gov/flu/ for more information about Flu.