Please read about our new protocols:
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with these new protocols as we work together to ensure the highest level of health and safety for our patients, staff and community!
Our office is located at
7 Smith Avenue Suite 103
Greenville, RI 02828
2020-21 Flu Vaccines are In!
In order to comply with COVID Guidelines, we will be administering Flu vaccines to unscheduled patients during Flu clinics only. We continue to ask that you not bring in siblings to appointments as per our COVID guidelines. Keep in mind the schools will also be holding their clinics as usual, please contact the school department for those dates.
We will be holding Flu Vaccine clinics in our office on the following dates:
Thursday, October 8th, 2020 from 5:30p-7:00p (FULL)
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 from 5:30p-7:00p (FULL)
Thursday, October 22, 2020 from 5:30p-7:00p
Tuesday, October 27, 2020 from 5:30p-7:00p
Please call the Office to register for one of these Dates
Covid “Check-In” Process will apply
We ask that you please print and complete the consent form for each child and bring with you along with the insurance card. Those that have completed these forms will be taken in first. If you do not have access to a printer please notify the staff and a form will be provided.
*******We will be having other clinics please check back for more dates*******
Smithfield Pediatrics takes the safety of our patients, staff and community very seriously. During this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, we are doing everything we can to prioritize the safety of our patients and community. We have created new office protocols to mitigate risk in response to the rapidly evolving nature of the COVID-19 situation.
WE ASK THAT NO-ONE WALK INTO THE OFFICE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CALL US PRIOR TO ENTERING THE BUILDING FOR ANY REASON.
We will be moving all Well Child Visits to the morning and early afternoon. There will be NO in-office sick visits in the mornings, however telemedicine sick visits will be available via a HIPAA -compliant video/audio platform.
In-office sick visits will be scheduled in the afternoon based on necessity and after preliminary phone screening to assess likelihood of COVID infection. We ask that you be honest about your answers to prevent possible exposure of our other patients, providers and staff to this virus. If we feel your child is high risk to be infected, we will assess your child via a HIPAA -compliant video/audio platform and give you guidance on caring for your child, in conjunction with the RI Department of Health if indicated.
We are making a concerted effort to sanitize rooms, scales, doorknobs, and other high touch surfaces before and after each patient. All staff will be wearing gloves and masks for all patients.
For up to date information on Covid testing for children visit
NEW SCREENING PROTOCOLS [both calls & check-in]:
Every time a patient either calls in to make an appointment or checks in for an appointment we will be doing a COVID triage screening per DOH guidelines on
To limit the spread of COVID-19 and to keep the community and our patients healthy, Smithfield Pediatrics is taking the following precautionary measures effective immediately:
- Any patient with symptoms of illness such as cough, fever, difficulty breathing, upper respiratory symptoms, or diarrhea must inform staff prior to appointment
- Notify staff immediately if you have traveled outside the United States or have been in potential contact with a person known to have or suspected to have COVID-19.
New Check in and Check out Process
Check in: Please stay in your car when you arrive and call 401-349-5651 to check in, leave patient name and cell phone number on message and we will call to register you and collect copay by phone if possible. The MA will then call you once we have a clean room prepared. You will be instructed to enter the office and will be directed right into a room. We ask that you bring only 1 parent and 1 child in with you if possible. Please do NOT bring siblings if they have not been screened and cleared to come into office.
Check out: Please stay in your room until the Medical Assistant comes back in and clears you to leave. The MA will be give you any needed paperwork and make any needed follow-up appointments. Please leave the office immediately once you are released. Do NOT stop at the desk.
*Telemedicine visits now available. Please call to see if appropriate.
Please click link to sign up:
*Please keep in mind that video visits are considered equivalent to in-office visits and will be billed as such, so copays may apply.
- Self-monitor for symptoms of illness. If you exhibit symptoms such as a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, self-quarantine DO NOT COME TO WORK and seek evaluation through RI DOH (HCW are high priority for testing).
- If you believe you may have been directly exposed to someone who has COVID-19, please report to one of the Physicians immediately. Self-quarantine may be required.
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose and mouth).
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after every patient interaction, preferably in front of patients.
- Avoid unnecessary patient contact (touching, hand shaking).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with tissue. Discard tissue after one use…. disinfect hands
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects frequently, preferably in front of patients.
- Avoid meeting in large groups (greater than 10 people in a shared space) both in professional and recreational activities and use virtual meetings when possible.
- Periodically review the CDC websites to ensure adherence to community mitigation strategies designed to slow the transmission of COVID-19.
Now Accepting Tufts RI Together
Find out more about Tufts RI Together here…
Neighborhood Health Plan of RI
As of October 15th, 2016 we are no longer accepting Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island.
Flu & Other Health-Related News
For Up-to-Date information about health-related issues, link to the RI Department of Health
Please visit the Department of Health website at http://www.health.ri.gov/flu/ for more information about Flu.